Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Medical History (or lack of it)!

I'm fortunate to be and feel pretty healthy. At 5 foot 2 and 105lbs, I'm on the low side of a healthy weight. Whatever lab tests I have ever taken have always come out normal. I'm not anemic, not diabetic, never get headaches, sleep well (when I'm not sweating) and I've never even broken a bone.

My only hospital stay (in the spirit of full disclosure) was for breast implants. I got these after the night sweats had already been present for a year or so and have never had problems with the implants, nor do I think they are related to the sweats. I've had 2 healthy, uncomplicated pregnancies with no difficulties conceiving and have 2 healthy sons.

I'm not on any medication except supplements that I have recently started taking in order to improve the night sweats. I think I probably had more than a few courses of antibiotics as a child to help with ear infections, but haven't had any in at least 10 yrs or more I think.

A recent visit to a naturopath led to a cortisol test that determined that my cortisol production is within normal levels, but the cycle is off; instead of cortisol highs in the morning and lows at night, I have the opposite...low cortisol in the morning and high cortisol at night, which may be linked to Adrenal Fatigue (more on this later...).

I don't drink, dont smoke (I used to in late teens, quit mid-twenties), eat a mostly organic, whole foods diet. I recently quit my one morning cup of coffee and stopped eating sugar. My main forms of exercise are being with my 2 pre-schoolers, a couple of 1/2 hr walks a week and sometimes a weekly yoga or kickboxing class. Covered pretty much everything?

Please share your medical history. Maybe we can find a common link?

No comments:

Post a Comment