Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fish Oil - Not much success with the night sweats but great for everything else!

Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega, 60 Soft GelsIt seems like Fish Oil is the nutritional supplement of this decade. I haven't read a nutrition book in a while that didn't tout fish oil as the cure all for all. However, its really made a real difference for me. It was the first supplement that I dared to take and after about 2 wks I really noticed a difference.

My skin, usually tired, drab and prone to breakouts, hasn't looked this great since...well, forever! My energy levels really picked up, I feel more calm and collected (compared to my previously mostly frazzled state), more positive and more clear headed. Its also helped my libido pick up somewhat and also, after I was taking it for 3 wks I had the first period, ever, in my life, without a single cramp. It was so wierd...no cramps at all?! I didn't know that was possible!

I've since read a bit about Fish Oil being good for the mood and for the skin. And there's that strange book that promises that ultra mega doses of fish oil will lead to a crazy female sex drive. (Here's the book for anyone who is curious; 
The Orgasmic Diet: A Revolutionary Plan to Lift Your Libido and Bring You to Orgasm)
So, for fish oil, nay for night sweats, but yay for everything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment