Monday, April 5, 2010

Night Sweats and Toxicity

The last suggestion of the naturopath that I just visited is that the night sweats could be a way of my body trying to flush out toxins. I can see how this would make sense. It would make more sense if the night sweats didn't only coincide with when I had my period, but even so, I can still see the point. Sort of like a monthly cleansing.

She suggested I test for heavy metals. I haven't yet, because I can't see that I am in any risk category for heavy metal toxicity or exposure and because I don't have any of the other symptoms usually associated with it.
If the adrenal stress end supplements don't give any joy after a couple months, I may consider doing a heavy metals test. Just wanted to put it out there because I thought it was an interesting concept.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how to thank you for this blog. I am Ana and I live in Italy. I wasn't able to find anything useful in Italian so I started looking in English. I am at the point when I visit doctors to find out what's going on. I eliminated the "life threatening diseases" and the hormonal imbalances. It seems I'm healthy but I can't be happy waking up 3-4 times a night to change pyjamas and sheets during my period. Your advice is very useful and I will follow it, I will also visit a nutritionis next week and try to have my nightsweats under control. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria - happy to find this blog!! I'm experiencing the exact night sweats you speak of during my period and have for a few years now. Am now looking to get pregnant now and want to cleanse if necessary and get on a good supplement schedule before! Can you please let me know if you've found any solutions since you posted your blog? thank you!

    ReplyDelete